27.8.13

Shoes & Books Included


Well, today marked the first time leaving has hit me. I was [finally] packing, well more like choosing what I might take when I realized this is what I've got from home for a year! My mum was at work all day and Rachel was at school so it was me and Harry Potter, he's been getting me through these last few days of chaos. It was a normal day - I got up, went for a run around the park, got my new glasses, cleaned the house a bit. It was a pretty productive day. When it came time to pack, I realized it was both simple and difficult to pack "lightly" for a year. One forgets about all of the toiletries and seasons that take up different amounts of space, random things like swiss army knives and climbing gear that MUST COME TO FRANCE [also known as the origin of mountaineering] and so much more. But, everything has been successfully consolidated into one duffle bag, one small carry-on suitcase, and a hiking backpack. Shoes & Books included. 
Daniel Radcliffe was coaching me on the whole long-term packing thing. 
And I got some new specs! 

Now, finishing up some good old Harry Potter [en Français] and to spend the rest of the evening with Pi Patel and Richard Parker in Life of Pi. It's definitely a 117% recommendation.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are blogging this and allowing us to spend a year, albeit vicariously, with you in France!
    Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete