26.8.13

Yogurt

A weekend in Flagstaff was just what I needed: lighter air, better friends, and more coffee then my body should be able to handle. It was incredible getting to spend time with the people I've grown closest to this last year and it's going to be difficult to leave them - that much was apparent this time up the mountain. Spending time with my close friend Tori before her new roommates (one of whom is my old roommate and good friend) arrived was a blast. We were very innovative as we figured out how to eat our yogurt sans spoons. 

Tori decided to use her tube of toothpaste. 
I used my student ID. We are brilliant. We also utilised the box of strawberries I had just bought. It was a lovely breakfast in her new abode.  Tay Tay, my roommate from last year and very close friend, is rooming with Tori and one other girl this year and it was both very happy and very sad to see them get settled. Excitement hung over our heads as everything found its special place in their new home and the boundaries of their new world expanded. However, it's a strange phenomenon to come home but not have a permanent place in it besides the hearts of those you love [and hopefully who love you back]. Maybe that is part of my wandering, loving and appreciating the people in my past and in my present and welcoming those in my future with open arms and an open mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment